Our Summer Reading Session is quickly approaching! Are you looking for a fun and productive way to spend some time this summer? Consider our SUMMER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES!
The Library will be accepting VolunTeen applications for our summer volunteering session.
To be a Volunteen:
- You must have completed 6th grade
- You must be available to work a minimum of 2 hours per week
- You must fill out, print and return the application (link below)
- You must want to help and have fun!
NOTE: Teen volunteers are no longer required to obtain a work permit from their school.
As a VolunTeen, you may:
- Register families for summer reading
- Check reading logs & pass out prizes
- Help at Library programs and special events
- Work on special library projects
Important Dates for VolunTeens:
Friday, June 1 VolunTeen Application Deadline
Thursday, June 7 VolunTeen Orientation Meeting @ 4 pm
Saturday, June 9 Summer Reading Kick-Off @ 11 am – 2 pm
Thursday, August 2 VolunTeen Appreciation Party @ 3 pm
Attendance at the Orientation Meeting is mandatory for anyone interested in becoming a VolunTeen. In addition to learning about the Summer Reading Program, you will be signing up for your shifts for the summer. Most of the shifts will be two hours. Please come prepared with a list of dates that you will NOT be available, including scheduled vacations, camps, etc.
If you have any questions or are unable to attend the Orientation, please contact Jacqueline Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-669-3156