SUMMER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
The Library will be accepting VolunTeen applications for our summer volunteering session.
To be a Volunteen:
- You must have completed 6th grade.
- You must be available to work a minimum of 2 hours per week
- You must fill out, print and return the application (link below)
- You must want to help and have fun!
As a VolunTeen, you may:
- Register families for summer reading
- Check reading logs & pass out prizes
- Help at Library programs and special events
- Work on special library projects
Important Dates for VolunTeens:
Friday, May 27 VolunTeen Application Deadline
Wednesday, June 1 VolunTeen Orientation Meeting @ 4 pm
Saturday, June 4 Summer Reading Kick-Off @ 11 am – 2 pm
Thursday, August 4 VolunTeen Appreciation Party @ 1 pm
Attendance at the Orientation Meeting is mandatory for anyone interested in becoming a VolunTeen. In addition to learning about the Summer Reading Program, you will be signing up for your shifts for the summer. Most of the shifts will be two hours. Please come prepared with a list of dates that you will NOT be available, including scheduled vacations, camps, etc.
If you have any questions or are unable to attend the Orientation, please contact Mindy Schafer at email@example.com or 517-669-3156