Summer 2022 VolunTeens: Read Beyond the Beaten Path
Are you looking for a fun and productive way to spend some time this summer? Consider our SUMMER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR TEENS!
The Library will be accepting VolunTeen applications for our summer volunteering session. Teens will be volunteering inside the main library as well as at programs held in our DDL Annex space.
To be a VolunTeen:
- You must have completed 6th grade
- You must be available to work a minimum of 2 hours per week
- You must fill out, print, have a parent or guardian sign it, and return the application (linked here and below)
- You must want to help out and have fun!
NOTE: Teen volunteers are no longer required to obtain a work permit from their school.
Important Dates for VolunTeens:
- Friday, May 27th-VolunTeen Application Deadline
- Friday, June 3rd-VounTeen Orientation Meeting @ 4pm
- Saturday, June 11th-Summer Reading Kick-Off @ 11am-2pm
- Thursday, August 4th-VolunTeen Appreciation Party @ 3pm
Attendance at the orientation meeting is mandatory for anyone interested in becoming a VolunTeen. In addition to learning about the Summer Reading Program, you will be signing up for your shifts for the summer. Most of the shifts will be two hours. These hours may be served on the teen desk or helping with a library program. Please come prepared with a list of dates that you will NOT be available, including scheduled vacations, camps, etc.
If you have any questions or are unable to attend the orientation meeting, please contact Jacqueline at JThompson@dewittlibrary.org or 517-669-3156.
Posted on May 4, 2022, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment